Chicken Parmigiana is an easy dinner idea that doesn't require a lot of time or effort, not to mention it's delicious. Paired with a fresh loaf of cheesy garlic french bread, Chicken Parmigiana makes a complete meal that your family is sure to love.
In order to make chicken parmigiana, you will need the following:
• 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (thin sliced)
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs, Italian is best
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 jar Traditional spaghetti sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• Egg noodles
• 1 loaf fresh french bread
• Garlic Powder
• Italian blend shredded cheese (cheddar and mozzarella)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Rinse your chicken breast halves off and set them aside. Whisk eggs in a large cereal bowl.
2. At the same time, in a large pot, boil some egg noodles.
3. Pound chicken breasts flat. I recommend placing them in a Ziploc bag for this in order to cut down on the mess.
4. Pour about 1-1 ½ cup bread crumbs on a plate. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg, then coat on both sides in the bread crumbs.
5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken evenly on both sides, about 1 min on each, then drain on paper towels.
6. In a large baking dish, 11x7 or so, spread about half of the jar of spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Lay out the chicken breasts side by side and pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the top and spread evenly. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake uncovered about 25 min, or until chicken is cooked through.
8. Cut the French bread loaf in half, buttering both halves. Sprinkle some garlic powder on both halves, and then sprinkle some of the shredded cheese. Place in the oven with the chicken the last 5 minutes.