Click here to sign up, they will send you an email with a code, follow the directions in the email to complete the sign up process.
Here is some of the FAQ about the credit monitoring:
Who is eligible for free credit monitoring?
All Target guests who shopped in U.S. stores can take advantage of one-year of free credit monitoring.
How do I sign up for free credit monitoring?
Request an activation code by entering your name and your email address on a Target website: creditmonitoring.target.com.
Within 1 to 5 days, you will receive an email from Target with your unique activation code and instructions on next steps. After you receive your activation code, visit www.protectmyid
What is ProtectMyID?
ProtectMyID is a credit monitoring and identity theft protection product offered by Experian, a leading global information services company.
What is offered as part of the credit monitoring/ProtectMyID?
The one year of free monitoring membership to ProtectMyID includes:
- Credit Report: You will get a free copy of their Experian credit report. If you enroll online, your report will be available online. Online credit reports are available for 30 days.
- Daily Credit Monitoring: You will receive alerts for one year that reflect changes to your Experian credit report during your membership term. This includes new inquiries, newly opened accounts, new derogatory information (such as delinquencies or medical collections) and more.
- Identity Theft Resolution: If confirmed that you have been the victim of identity theft, you will be assigned a dedicated, U.S.-based Experian Fraud Resolution Agent who will walk you through the fraud resolution process—and remain available to answer questions—from start to finish.
- Identity Theft Insurance: If you have been a victim of identity theft relating to this incident, you will immediately be covered by a $1 million insurance policy that can help you cover certain costs, including lost wages, private investigator fees, and unauthorized electronic fund transfers for one year.
- ProtectMyID ExtendCARE: Access to personalized assistance from a highly-trained Fraud Resolution Agent will continue even after the initial one year ProtectMyID membership expires.
Credit scores will not be offered to guests who sign up for the free year of credit monitoring. You do not need a credit score to receive the benefits of credit monitoring.
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, for more information read our Disclosure Statement